In 1958, William Mischler established Mischler's Harley-Davidson at his residence in rural Waupun, WI. Here he repaired motorcycles and his desire to sell new Harley bikes became a reality when he visited the factory in Milwaukee. Owning the franchise required him to move to Beaver Dam, where he purchased the first store on Center Street.
Outgrowing that location in 1961, he purchased a building on Parallel Street and the next 11 years were spent selling Harley-Davidson motorcycles. In 1972, there was a third move to Highway 33 north of Beaver Dam, where the business stayed for the next 30 years.
Bill's son, Art, became a full-time employee with the business in 1973. Art perfected his skills as a top-notch technician. Finding his nitch, he kept up with his technical training for Harley models.
Through the years, there were many changes with different inventory but Harley was always the stronghold. In 1994, Art Mischler and Deb Mischler bought the business from Bill and quickly grew out of the 30-year old store. They decided to build a new facility along Highway 151 north of the City of Beaver Dam.
The new store opened in March of 2002. Twenty-two thousand square feet on the ground floor and 8,250 on the second level, now houses Mischler's Harley-Davidson. A love for motorcycle riding, racing, or tinkering in the 1950s, has stayed with Mischler's Harley-DavidsonŽ through four locations and three generations. With Eric and Dan Mischler joining the workforce, we enter our 50th year of loving the great sport of motorcycling.